Coming to an End
Today I realized that my first year of college is already about to be over in less than two weeks. Honestly it seems like I just started yesterday, I still remember what I wore on the first day of school. I was so nervous that day, not knowing anyone really and being at a new level of school. I guess I just did not know what to expect, but I am glad to say that college has truly been the best decision of my life. At the beginning of the year I was caught up in this idea of wanting to be a teacher because I did not know what I wanted to do, so I can it was just an easy way out for me. After the first semester ended and we had had winter break, I found out what I wanted to actually do. Which is nursing, I have always thought about it but at the same time I had people in my ear telling it was going to be hard for me. I finally became strong enough to speak up for myself, and make my own decisions that I want for my life. I think that is what my first year of college has taught me, how me to be independent. How to speak for myself, and not be scared of what people will say because at the end the day what makes you happy is what is best. I am sad that this year is ending because I have met so many amazing people, and I even made friends that I plan to have in my life for the long run. Being excited for next year is an understatement, I really can't wait to see what the future has for me.
Its good to hear how you found what you really wanted to do. Good luck in your years to come in school!
ReplyDelete