New me. Who this?

Today I am going to be completely real with you guys. Going into highschool my freshman year my step dad and my mom were going through a rough patch in their relationship. As my freshman year was coming to an end, I found out my mother was cheating on my only father figure. When coming out and telling my family they quickly lashed back on me, they called me a liar. After that I noticed that they would push me away, because they thought I was just trying to cause problems. My breaking point was when my mom told me I was a liar like my real father. Never have I felt do empty after being told that, especially knowing that I was telling the truth. That is when my actions started changing, I quickly began to act out. I was sneaking out at a young age, just being reckless. I began taking drugs my sophomore year, I knew what I was doing was wrong. I was definitely in dark place and the drugs brought temporary happiness. Quickly I began using drugs every day, I became addicted. Being addicted was the biggest struggle of my life. I noticed the weight loss, and I was not sleeping for days. The middle of my senior was my turning point, I met someone that genuinely cared about me. Quitting was the hardest thing I had to, but it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am so proud to say I have been sober for a year now.

Comments

  1. Its good to hear you are sober and are able to talk about something personal. Its crazy how much I relate to this because near the end of middle school and start of freshmen year, my mom cheated on my dad and still doesn't admit it. It was extremely difficult and I do not know a lot of people who might of had a similar experience to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang that is on heck of a story. I am very impressed that you have the guts to be such a courageous person back then for what you did and now for sharing a story like that. I probably wouldn't be able to share something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment