New Wave
When I was in highschool I never really thought about going to college, so when I finally came to the decision of a major I never about it closely. I ended up just picking liberal studies as my major, which is being an elementary school teacher. If I want to be completely honest, I only chose because I knew it was a more stable job and the classes were not as difficult. Now that I think about it I was just a lazy highschool student who had no drive to go even further with my career. School was always something I was good at, when I was in 6th grade I was already in the honors class. Even in 3rd grade I was in the GATE program. I like school because you I get the chance to get away from my life at home. So after doing so good my first semester of college I realized I want to switch my major to nursing. I know it is a tough major but I believe I am fully capable of being successful. I think this new decision is really going to be life changing for me. I feel proud of myself for really thinking about what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I always knew teaching just was not enough for me. It is just not enough action for me, it does not challenge me. I want a major that is going to push me to my full ability, and nursing has always been a goal of mine. I was just to scared that it would be too much for me, but now I know i can handle it. I am ready for the change, like dory said you have to just keep swimming.
I'm glad you have found something you want to do for the rest of your life and challenging yourself is a good thing as well. Good luck I wish you the best!
ReplyDeleteIt's actually uplifting to hear that you now know what you want to do with your life and that you have decided on a career, most us don't know or have a drive for our future because honestly, I don't know whats in store an it's a little frightening, but if you do become a nurse, I wish you the best of luck. I know you'll put a smile on your future patients. CHEERS.
ReplyDeleteYes!!! Get it girl! You can do it. :) You are very smart and well just keep pushing and do what makes you happy!!
ReplyDelete