College vs Highschool
Today I realized that college is very different from high school. College has its pros but it does have its cons. In college you really don't even have to show up to class because in most of the classes they don't take roll. High School is probably disgusted with that fact considering, if you missed a certain amount of days you could get detention. The teachers were also strict and uptight, but at the same time some teachers were lenient. I would be able to turn in my work late and it wouldn't even drop my grade. I think that's why college was such a big jump for me, I wasn't used to having to actually do things. When you're in college late assignments do not even exist. When you're allowed to miss class it's hard to want to show up. But, for me I have to because if I miss one assignment your whole grade can change. The professors didn't mention that when they said they didn't take roll. Even though college has more work it has brought me more responsibility. I now know how to get my work done so i'm not stressed, I also have to know what i have to if I don't show up to class. The professors in college are way better than high school teachers, they are relaxed and have humor. I guess when you're going to school for something you actually want, it makes everything more simple. In my case being a libs major is my goal, and knowing that is what i'm going to school for has changed my perspective on school. High School was the worst for me getting forced to learn material, now that i'm in college i'm experiencing a positive mindset on school.
I totally agree with you, college has also brought me more responsibility. In high school I would always use to do my homework at the beginning of class before we turned it in but now that I am in college I am getting use to finishing my work on time. Mostly because in college professors don't accept late work. Since I have a lot of time to do my assignments at school I get it out of the way and I actually finish it before the deadline.
ReplyDeleteI also agree, in high school I would sometimes wait until the last minute to do my work or sometimes not even do it because I had no idea when it was due. Now that I am in college most professors have all of the assignments in one place so you can see what you have to get done and be able to get it done on time.
ReplyDelete